Eating Expectantly gives moms-to-be the tools, tips and tricks they need to eat well from preconception through postpartum. The first interactive pregnancy book of its kind, Eating Expectantly contains QR codes which links the reader to websites, videos and updates.
Nothing is more important than a mom’s (and dad’s) diet and lifestyle before and during pregnancy: it can set the stage for a lifetime of good health for their baby. But if mom’s or dad’s diet is severely lacking, it could program their baby for birth defects or chronic disease like heart disease or diabetes later in life. Eating Expectantly is the most comprehensive and up-to-date pregnancy nutrition book available. This edition has a focus on eating cleaner and greener and helps moms decide when it’s best to buy organic, as well as which cleaning and beauty products are safe.
Just a few of the topics covered in Eating Expectantly:
- How to have a healthier lifestyle and diet before conception (for mom and dad) to improve fertility and the odds of delivering a healthy baby.
- Fertility boosting advice for women with PCOS.
- Step-by-step advice for each trimester including power nutrients and superfoods.
- How to gain just the right amount of weight with the smart carbs approach.
- Advice for a multitude of eating issues like vegetarian eating and gluten intolerance.
- Advice for tummy troubles like nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- How to plan and prepare healthy foods when time is short–and eat better when eating out.
- Food safety tips for pregnancy.
- How to eat cleaner and greener by limiting pesticides and other chemicals.
- Fitness tips for pregnancy and beyond.
- Diet and lifestyle tips to prevent high-risk conditions like gestational diabetes, hypertension, preeclampsia and preterm birth.
- Contributions from other Registered Dietitian authors and experts: David Grotto RD, Tammie Lakatos Shames RD, CFT, Connie Evers MS,RD, Angela Grassi MS,RD, Diane Welland MS,RD, Dr. Jo Lichten PhD,RD, Sharon Palmer RD, Judy Simon MS,RD, Tamara Duker Freuman MS,RD, Eizabeth Ward MS,RD, Carrie Zisman RD, Ann Dunaway Teh MS,RD, Marissa Van Dommelen MS,IBCLC and Christin Chan MBA.
- Used Book in Good Condition