Your guide to the emotions of pregnancy and early motherhood, from two of America’s top reproductive psychiatrists.
When you are pregnant, you get plenty of advice about your growing body and developing baby. Yet so much about motherhood happens in your head. What everyone really wants to know: Is this normal?
-Even after months of trying, is it normal to panic after finding out you’re pregnant?
-Is it normal not to feel love at first sight for your baby?
-Is it normal to fight with your parents and partner?
-Is it normal to feel like a breastfeeding failure?
-Is it normal to be zonked by “mommy brain?”
In What No One Tells You, two of America’s top reproductive psychiatrists reassure you that the answer is yes. With thirty years of combined experience counseling new and expectant mothers, they provide a psychological and hormonal backstory to the complicated emotions that women experience, and show why it’s natural for “matrescence”—the birth of a mother—to be as stressful and transformative a period as adolescence.
Here, finally, is the first-ever practical guide to help new mothers feel less guilt and more self-esteem, less isolation and more kinship, less resentment and more intimacy, less exhaustion and more pleasure, and learn other tips to navigate the ups and downs of this exciting, demanding time
Click Here For More Information
- The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality
- Pregnancy Day By Day: An Illustrated Daily Countdown to Motherhood, from Conception to Childbirth and
- Nurture: A Modern Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, Early Motherhood – and Trusting Yourself and Your Body
- The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy: A Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Beyond
- The Pregnancy Guide: Straight Talk for Expectant Parents from Pregnancy Test to Birth
- Strong As a Mother: How to Stay Healthy, Happy, and (Most Importantly) Sane from Pregnancy to Parenthood: The Only Guide to Taking Care of YOU!
- Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
- The First-Time Mom’s Pregnancy Handbook: A Week-by-Week Guide from Conception through Baby’s First 3 Months
- The Pregnant Body Book: The Complete Illustrated Guide from Conception to Birth
- I’m Pregnant!: A week-by-week guide from conception to birth
- Baking the Perfect Bun in the Oven: A Recipe Guide for Parents to Creating a Healthy Baby from Pre-Conception through the First Year
- Fertile: Prepare Your Body, Mind, and Spirit for Conception and Pregnancy to Create a Conscious Child (Mystical Motherhood)
- ‘MOTHERHOOD IN PROGRESS’ 2020 Pregnancy Planner, Great Gift For First Time Mothers!: [Track Your Appointments, Jot Down Your Hospital Packing List, Baby Names, Baby Shower Guest List and More!]
- Exercise Ball for Yoga, Balance, Stability from SmarterLife – Fitness, Pilates, Birthing, Therapy, Office Ball Chair, Classroom Flexible Seating – Anti Burst, Non Slip + Workout Guide (Silver, 65cm)
- The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning