If you’re pregnant and sick and people keep yapping to you about the miracle of life and you’re thinking, “The miracle of life my fucking ass”, but you’re still smiling because you don’t want to come off like a psychopath or ungrateful or, God help you, someone who doesn’t love every moment of the vomiting, nausea, cramps, sore boobs, exhaustion, heartburn, skin that hurts from being stretched so much, constipation, maternity clothes straight outta Little House on the Prairie, swollen hands and legs and feet—and let’s not forget the forever-sexy hemorrhoids—welcome! You’re reading the exact right words at the exact right time!
Because the ugly truth is that for some women, being pregnant sucks. And when you’re hurling up your guts and have to go to work and maybe even have a toddler tugging at your sleeve or hem or hair, hearing that it’ll be worth it in the end doesn’t help. Fuck “it’ll be worth it in end”. You just don’t want to feel like shit right now, and you don’t feel like that’s too much to ask, seeing as you’re doing the world the ultimate favor of bringing life into the world.
Well, you’re right—it’s not too much to ask. And yet, you’re probably going to go on feeling like shit until you don’t anymore, whenever that may be.
But while this may be true…you do have this little essay you could read.
The bad news: it won’t solve a damn thing.
The good news: it’s not trying to! You might, however, remember that you’re not alone, and maybe you’ll laugh a little, too, and those are two good, good things. So have some tea, if you can keep it down, remember you’re a champ, and read on.
Click Here For More Information
- Super Food for Superchildren: Delicious, low-sugar recipes for healthy, happy children, from toddlers to teens
- Pregnancy Yoga DVD by YogaBellies®. Yoga for Pregnancy from the UK’s Leading Prenatal Yoga School. Sequences for Both Beginners and Advanced Yogi’s
- 6 Months to Change the World: Eat Right During Pregnancy to Fight Obesity and Diabetes from the Very Start
- The Everything Guide to Pregnancy Nutrition & Health: From Preconception To Post-Delivery, All You Need To Know About Pregnancy Nutrition, Fitness, And Diet! (Everything (Parenting))
- The trimesters of pregnancy: Pregnancy from the first week of conception to delivery.
- Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb
- Orthopaedic V Shaped Support Pillow Nursing Pregnancy Back Support. “Includes Complimentary Teal Pillowcase FREE” 20 Colours To Choose From
- •RohiLinen• Orthopaedic V Shaped Support Pillow Nursing Pregnancy Back Support. “Includes Complimentary Pillow Case FREE” 20 Colours To Choose From (Lilac)
- Orthopedic Pregnancy Pillow / Maternity Support Pillow – Multi-Purpose Comfort C Shape – WITH FREE CASE – From Lancashire Bedding
- Sehgal Linen’s Bolster Pillow – Perfect for Maternity, Pregnancy and Body Support – Choice from Single, Double, King and Super King Sizes
- Oversize U Maternity Pregnancy Pillow with FREE Removable Cover – Cradling Body Cushion from Lancashire Bedding
- How to Grow a Baby and Push It Out: A guide to pregnancy and birth straight from the midwife’s mouth
- Orthopaedic Hollowfibre V Shape Nursing, Pregnancy Pillow with FREE Aqua Cover – Back & Neck Support Cushion from Lancashire Bedding
- The Day-by-Day Pregnancy Book: Comprehensive Advice from a Team of Experts and Amazing Images Every Single Day
- Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Journal : Voices from the womb (My Pregnancy Toolkit)