Each year, about 785,000 women runners who are pregnant or who have recently given birth hear conflicting fitness advice from friends, family, and even doctors. Save for a handful of magazine articles, these women have nowhere to turn for accurate, up-to-date information.
Until now. The Runner’s World Guide to Running and Pregnancy by Chris Lundgren is a first-of-its-kind, comprehensive look at the how-tos and benefits of running for expectant mothers. And the benefits abound. Even a modest pregnancy running program gives women a reduced risk of gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and premature birth. It also leads to fewer cesareans, faster recovery after delivery, and even smarter babies!
From the worldwide authority on running, the Runner’s World Guide to Running and Pregnancy offers the latest, most detailed information available, along with real-life tips to help you succeed. Inside you’ll find:
– Advice from experts including sports gynecologists, nutritionists, and exercise physiologists
– The most current heart rate and training guidelines
– Pre-pregnancy and pregnancy stretching and strength programs
– Cross-training suggestions including yoga, Pilates, swimming, and more
– Running-specific menu plans for a healthy pregnancy
– Strategies for preventing injuries
– Money-saving tips for choosing the best maternity running gear
– Guidance for postpartum running
The Runner’s World Guide to Running and Pregnancy gets to the bottom of the how-much-is-too-much debate once and for all. Pregnant runners will never be puzzled by conflicting advice again.
- ISBN13: 9781579547479
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!