As a graduate of medical school and practicing pediatrician, Dr. Julie Currin was intimately aware of the amazing stages of fetal growth and development occurring during each of her three pregnancies.
It wasn’t until her own sister’s pregnancy, however, that Currin realized how little reliable and accessible information was available to expectant parents who haven’t had the benefit of complex embryology and anatomy classes.
So, with her sister and her sister’s rapidly growing unborn child in mind, Currin set out to translate the complex stages of growth she learned about during medical school courses into a compilation of fun, interesting, and scientifically sound information that expectant parents can understand.
Now she’s making Before Birth available to everyone. Organized according to the forty-week model of pregnancy, Currin uses clear language and colorful illustrations to convey the complex mystery of fetal development to audiences unfamiliar with or daunted by medical terminology.
While other books focus on the changes to the mother’s body, Before Birth focuses specifically on the rapid growth of the tiny being inside the mother— allowing parents to ask informed questions at prenatal visits and marvel at their child’s magnificence before they ever meet.
Click Here For More Information
- What to Eat When You’re Pregnant: A Week-by-Week Guide to Support Your Health and Your Baby’s Development
- Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy, 2nd Edition
- One A Day Men’s & Women’s Pre-Pregnancy Multivitamin, Supplement for Before, During, and Post Pregnancy, Including Vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, B12, Folic Acid, 30+30 Count
- The Pregnant Body Book: The Complete Illustrated Guide from Conception to Birth
- The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Moms Pregnancy Guide
- Eat Right for Your Baby: The Individulized Guide to Fertility and Maximum Heatlh During Pregnancy (Eat Right 4 Your Type)
- You and Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-Week Pregnancy Guide
- Praying Through Your Pregnancy: A Week-by-Week Guide
- Before Your Pregnancy: A 90-Day Guide for Couples on How to Prepare for a Healthy Conception (2nd Ed.)
- Nurture: A Modern Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, Early Motherhood – and Trusting Yourself and Your Body
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 20th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health
- Bun Appétit: A Simple Guide to Eating Right During Pregnancy
- The Birth Ball – Birthing Ball for Pregnancy – Labor Ball + 18pg Pregnancy Ball Exercises Guide by Trimester How to Dilate, How to Reposition Baby & More 2000lb Stress Limit (Mint Green, 75 cm)
- The Birth Ball – Birthing Ball for Pregnancy – Labor Ball + 18pg Pregnancy Ball Exercises Guide by Trimester How to Dilate, How to Reposition Baby & More 2000lb Stress Limit (Mint Green, 65 cm)