The AFAC Pregnancy Test is a rapid pregnancy test which you can easily carry out by yourself.
It detects the presence human chronic gonadotropin (HCG), which appears in urine very
early during pregnancy. This product is for in vitro diagnostic use only, and is only for
self-testing. The AFAC Pregnancy Test is intended for both over-the-counter and prescription use.
How does it work?
Human chronic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone produced by the developing placenta
shortly after the conception and is secreted into the urine.The pregnancy test contains
antibodies which specifically react with this hormone.
When the absorbent sampler is immersed into a urine specimen, capillary movement
causes the specimen to migrate along the membrane. When the HCG in the sample reaches
the test zone region (T) of the membrane, it will form a colored line. Absence of this colored
line suggests a negative result.
To serve as a procedure control, a colored line will appear at the control region (C), if
the test has been performed properly.
Interpreting the results
Negative (not pregnant): Only one color band appears, in the control region (C).
There is no apparent band on the test region (T). This indicates that no pregnancy has been
Positive (pregnant): Distinct color bands appear in the control and test regions. This
indicates pregnancy. The color intensity of the test bands may vary due to different
concentrations of HCG at different pregnancy stages.
Invalid: If there is no visible band at all, or there is a visible band only in the test
region (T) and not in the control region (C), the test is invalid. Repeat with a new test kit. If
test still fails, please contact the AFAC Customer Service Team.
- 99% Accurate Measurement: The AFAC Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test is over 99% accurate from the day of your expected period, giving you a clear and accurate result when you need it most.
- Splash Proof Window Design: Results are clear and easy to read.
- Easy to Use: The test is designed so that it’s easy to keep the test area in the urine stream. The grip at the end is simple and easy to hold.
- Fast and Sensitive: Place the absorbent tip in the urine stream for 10 seconds, wait 3 minutes and check the results.
- Contents: 3 Pregnancy Test Sticks (HCG).