The tests work to an accuracy level of 99% in laboratory testing.
How does a home ovulation test work?
When a woman is about to ovulate, her body releases a large amount of a hormone called L.H. (Luteinising Hormone). L.H. is always present in your urine but the levels increase (surge) in the middle of your cycle, causing you to release an egg from the ovary, this process is called ovulation. If the L.H. surge is present, ovulation is likely to occur in the next 24 to 48 hours.
These ovulation tests detect the L.H. surge by measuring the amount of L.H. in urine.
How does a home pregnancy test work?
A home pregnancy test measures the presence of the hormone (H.C.G.) in your urine. H.C.G. is produced shortly after the embryo attaches to the uterine lining. The hormone then builds up rapidly in your body in the first few days following implantation. This test is capable of detecting pregnancy as early as 6 days before your first day of missed period. The further in to the pregnancy you are the higher the levels of H.C.G. get.
When should I do the test?
You can take these pregnancy tests as early as 6 days before your first day of missed period and onwards. Reslts can read after just 5 minutes.
What is the difference between home tests and those done by a doctor?
As we are contracted suppliers to the NHS our tests are used by doctors and hospitals across the UK.
What should I do with my results?
If your pregnancy test results are positive, you should consult your doctor to discuss your pregnancy and what steps should be taken next. If your test is negative and you still think you may be pregnant, re- test a few days later.
If I see 2 lines but one is fainter than the other is this a positive result?
Yes, if 2 lines appear you are pregnant no matter how faint the lines appear.
- Our strips tests are the Wider Width strips and not the thin 2.5mm sold and supplied by other sellers, making them easier to read and use
- Pregnancy Test strip tests can be used 6 days early and are at a sensitivity of 10mIU and work to an accuracy level of 99%
- Ovulation Test strips are at a sensitivity of 20mIU and work to an accuracy level of 99%
- Simple, Reliable and 99.9% Accurate, CE Approved, FDA Cleared for worldwide sale
- These tests are used by the NHS and are individually foil wrapped and sealed with long expiry dates